I bought a package of ID11 maybe already 20 years ago. I never came to use it since Ilfotec and HC110 were better one-shot developers. But now for the Ferrania P30 I decided to stir up this developer mixture.
750ml water at 40 degrees Celsius, stir in Package A which contains Hydroquinone (71%) and Metol (28%) as active ingredients. The other 1% will be preservative or anti clogging (?? preventing lumps) ingredients I assume.
Then, when part A is dissolved, add part B which contains the Sodium Sulfite, Borax and Sodium Tripolyphosphate.
Stir until dissolved, then make up the volumew to 1000ml and store it in a dark bottle. There are people who believe it should rest at least a day before use. I do not think that is really necessary, but snce it is to warm for immediate use, I let it cool down for use tomorrow.
On the packages I found some interesting information about the chemicals used in different Ilford developers:
- ID-11: Hydroquinone(71%), p-methylaminophenolsulphate (Metol)(28%)
- Perceptol: p-methylaminophenolsulphate(Metol)(100%)
- Microphen: Hydroquinone(58%), 1-phenyl-3-pyazolidone, Boric acid (31%) Sodium metabisulfite
- Bromophen: Hydroquinone(85%), 1-phenyl-3-pyazolidone, Sodium metabisulfite
- ID-11: Sodium Sulfite, Borax, Sodium Tripolyphosfate
- Perceptol: Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Tripolyphosfate
- Microphen: Sodium Sulfite, Borax, Sodium Tripolyphosfate, Potassium Bromide
- Bromophen: Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Tripolyphosfate, Potasium Bromide
Het resultaat van Ferrania P30 Alpha in ID-11: